This past Sunday our little podcast turned 2! At this point Dan, Ryan and I have been recording podcasts together for quite a while, even before we formed Perpetual Geek Machine. It’s been a fun and unique experience, getting to know people by chatting about the things that bring us together. We’re not ready to slow down any time soon so I sincerely hope that you’re ready to be with us for the long haul. Thanks for listening and if you like what you hear, tell your friends!
During this Geek Spew Dan got a chance to sit down with game designer Chevee Dodd. He’s releasing a pirate-themed game called Scallywags that looks pretty great and he’s been kind enough to give us a copy that we’re giving away to you! All you’ve gotta do is drop us an email at podcast (at) perpetualgeekmachine (dot) net. If you happen to use your best pirate-themed language we’re not saying you’ll have a better chance or winning, but we’re not not saying that either. On with the show!
What’cha Been Doing? (5:20 – 1:15:41)
- Ryan leads us through chatting about what we thought of E3 2012
- On Monday Apple refreshed their laptop line and introduced that MacBook Pro Retina machine that gave us all geek wood.
- Dan wants to read some Avengers comics and thinks that Avengers: Disassembled and New Avengers is a pretty good place to start.
- Despite being a fun game the server woes of Diablo III turn us off a bit.
- Our D&D group got our asses handed to us by Pandemic
- Kevin dives in the Chaos Walking trilogy with The Knife of Never Letting Go
- Prometheus seems to be dividing the internet, which side did Kevin land on?
Break (1:15:42 – 1:18:15)
- The music I laid in there this week:
“Army of Assholes” by Jim Guthrie from the Indie Game: The Movie soundtrack>
Geek Spew (1:19:15 – 1:43:04)
- Dan spent some time chatting with game designer Chevee Dodd to chat about how got into designing and his new game Scallywags.
- Chevee was kind enough to hook us up with a copy of Scallywags to give away to you, our loyal listeners. All you have to do is drop us an email in your best pirate voice. We’ll choose random winner from the entries and send you your very own copy! What ARRRRR you waiting for? podcast (at) perpetualgeekmachine (dot) net
5 Hit Combo Classic (1:44:33 – End)
- This week’s topic: Top 5 Cards Against Humanity Cards You’d Create
- Defending Champion Ryan vs. Kevin with Dan judging.
- Next Topic: Our first 5 Hit Combo Revisited as we take another stab at the very first topic we ever did from Show #00001: Top 5 Video Games To Play While Drunk
Total Run Time – 1:53:58