Mathematically speaking… this is a hell of a milestone or sorts. Factoring in The Bitcast podcasts (the totally awesome video-game podcast we did before PGM got off the ground) ended at episode 90. Now we’re airing Perpetual Geek Machine #10 so for all intents and purposes this is the #100th show for Kevin and Dan, who back with friend of the show Jim Squires got together to record on March 27, 2007 (Dan’s 30th birthday coincidentally).
The show certainly has evolved since that time (especially in the “we sound like we know what we’re doing” department). Onward and upward!
Here’s the breakdown on where to find/follow us online! We also want to hear your feedback, whatever it may be… suggestions for homework or topics for 5 hit-combo, etc. As always you can follow us on Twitter. You can subscribe to the lovely podcast on iTunes or Zune marketplace. And get in on our hot, uncensored RSS action.
You look like you could use some show notes!
What’cha Been Doing? 3:42 – 49:09
- Dan – Dan kicks things off talking about the loved/hated Dead Rising sequel. It’s definitely a game that seems to divide people but it’s hard to argue with the pleasures in duct taping a fire axe to a sledgehammer and killing zombies with it. There are minor diversions into Civ 5 and Halo Reach but most of the time was spent zombie murdering
- Kevin – Kevin talks Minecraft and ponders it’s long-term place in the gaming landscape and then talk Dungeons and Dragons where Kevin is a player but Dan runs the whole damn universe. Well, trying to… he’s still learning.
- Ryan – The Move controller is out, and Ryan has been getting his fill of Move Sports Champions. Turns out the ping-pong game is pretty damn good. Also, Enslaved dropped from the makers of Heavenly Sword.
Geek Spew 49:10 – 1:11:46 (Each of us brings a geek related news bit to the table to share and discuss)
- Ryan – The future of handhelds and what exactly the Jungle thinks it’s doing coming out in 2010 and not 1998.
- Kevin - Predicting traffic jams is big business and if it works could help us all get to where we’re going faster and safer
- Dan – A scant 20 light-years away scientists have found what people are referring to as “life-like.” It’s amazing to us that there’s just so much out there that we have no clue about. Also, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is being made into a movie.
5 Hit Combo! 1:11:56 – 1:41:56 (Two of us battle for supremacy as we compare and debate our Top 5 lists. The winner plays again the next show, while the loser can only sit and judge as a new challenger appears! Play along with us, choose who you think does a better job.)
- Dan Vs. Ryan
- This show’s topic: Top 5 historical figures you’d like to share a meal with
- Next topic: Top 5 statements to make to martians that have just landed on Earth
- Interested in past topics and winners? You can see the breakdown here